Back pain, arthritic knees & hips, sports injuries & stiffened neck muscles are just a few musculoskeletal conditions which are treated by orthopedic surgeons. It is extremely important for patients with these symptoms to consult orthopedic surgeons for proper diagnosis & appropriate treatments. Orthopedic surgeons are basically physicians who are solely devoted to diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation & prevention of injuries, diseases & disorders of musculoskeletal system of the human body. These generally involve the bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, muscles & nerves. Orthopedic surgeons are trained to deal with all aspects of the musculoskeletal system. Many of these doctors further specialize in certain areas like the knee, hip, spine, elbow, shoulder, hand, ankle & foot as well. Then there are some orthopedists who have chosen to focus on specific treatments like bone tumors, sports medicine, trauma, reconstructive surgery & pediatrics.
Patients Requiring Orthopedic Surgery
Orthopedic surgeons typically treat people of all ages including newborns, babies, children, teenagers, adults & the elderly. Conditions which these doctors treat range from fractures, bone & joint disorders & diseases or tears of muscles including tendons & ligaments in all parts of the body. For proper treatment, it is however essential that a close partnership between the patient & the doctor is required. This will eventually ensure that decisions about medical treatments effectively meet the needs, wants, values & preferences of the patient.
Musculoskeletal Conditions Treated by Orthopedic Surgeons
Prior to performing orthopedic surgery, these surgeons initially treat musculoskeletal conditions by using medications, exercise, rehabilitative & alternative therapies. Orthopedic surgeries are performed only when it is absolutely necessary & as a last resort when patients fail to respond to other forms of treatment. Some common diseases & conditions which are treated through orthopedic surgery include the following.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Growth Abnormalities
- Fractures & Dislocations
- Club Foot & Bunions
- Bow Legs, Knock Knees & Unequal Leg Length
- Bone Tumors
- Muscular Dystrophy & Cerebral Palsy
- Back Pain & Ruptured Discs
- Sciatica & Scoliosis
- Abnormalities of Fingers & Toes
- Sports or Work-Related Injuries
- Sprains, Strains & Torn Ligaments
- Tendon Injuries & Pulled Muscles
- Bursitis & Torn Cartilage
Types of Orthopedic Surgeries Which Surgeons Perform
Surgeons perform numerous types of orthopedic surgeries on patients. Some of the most common types of orthopedic surgeries include the following.
- Arthroscopy – This is a treatment procedure which specialized equipment & cameras for visualizing, diagnosing & treating problems inside of joints.
- Spinal Fusion – This is basically a welding process of bones in spine which are fused together with help of grafts & internal devices like metal rods which help the juncture to heal as a single solid bone.
- Internal Fixation – This orthopedic surgery method is designed to hold broken pieces of bone in proper position with help of pins, screws & metal plates during the time bones require healing.
- Joint Replacement – This orthopedic surgery procedure is carried out when arthritic or damage or diseased joints are removed & replaced with artificial joints known as prosthesis.
- Osteotomy – This involves cutting & repositioning of bone for correction of deformities.
- Soft Tissue Repair – Mending of soft tissue generally involves ligaments or torn tendons.
Expectations from Orthopedic Surgery
Visit to an orthopedic surgeon for orthopedic surgery generally begins with an interview, physical examination & reviewing previous records of treatments & tests. This may eventually be followed up by additional diagnostic examinations like x-rays, blood tests & others as required. Moreover, there may be more than one type of treatment option available for most orthopedic conditions & injuries. Orthopedic surgeons will invariably discuss all available options with the patient in order to mutually determine as to which plan is most suitable for health & lifestyle of the patient.
Orthopedic Surgery in India is Reasonably Priced
There is a growing number of international patients coming for orthopedic surgery in India. Apart from the high quality of surgical procedures orthopedic surgery cost in India is very reasonable in comparison with availability in other global medical tourism destinations. In fact overseas patients would be able to save substantial amounts of their hard earned money even after having to pay for travel, accommodation & local tourism by undergoing orthopedic surgery in India.
You can send your queries at: email@example.com & https://indianmedtrip.com/contact-us/
Call or WhatsApp: +91-8600855554