Nowadays, erectile dysfunction has become a major cause of concern among men. Erectile dysfunction is a health condition which affects a man’s ability to attain and hold an erection during physical intercourse. It can adversely impact a patient’s self-esteem, hamper relationship with a partner and may cause psychological stress as well. Penile implant surgery can prove highly beneficial for people struggling with such problems. Also referred to as ‘penile prosthesis’, a penile implant surgery is a clinical intervention which is performed to treat sexual disorders like erectile dysfunction in men. It involves placing a penile prosthesis carefully to restore normal functioning of the penis.
Good Candidates for Penis Implant Surgery
Everyone cannot undergo a penile implant procedure due to certain health restrictions. Men suffering from the following problems are usually considered to be good candidates for a penile implant surgery.
- Failure of Non-Surgical Treatments – Patients who have tried non-surgical treatments like medications and drugs or vacuum devices for erectile dysfunction and still did not achieve any satisfactory results may opt for a penile implant surgery.
- Peyronie’s Disease – It is a type of erectile dysfunction that leads to a painful erection. This condition may occur due to any severe injury or trauma to the penis. In most instances, cosmetic surgeons recommend a penile implantation procedure to such patients.
- Realistic Expectations – Patients must have realistic expectations from the outcomes of penile implant surgery. Most patients believe that penile implant surgery will increase the dimensions of the penis. However, the fact is that it can efficiently treat erectile dysfunction and help maintain an erection for a long time but it neither increase penis length nor sexual desire.
What Are The Types of Penile Implants?
There are two types of penile implants which are used worldwide namely semi-rigid rods and inflatable implants.
- Semi-Rigid Rod Penile Implants – These implants are firm in nature and they can be bent in an upward direction during sexual intercourse or can be kept in a non-erect position otherwise. These implants are easily affordable and require a simple procedure for implantation.
- Inflatable Penile Implants – These are soft saline fluid-containing implants which have a capability to expand during sexual activity and contract when not in use. These implants are mainly composed of thin penile tubes, a reservoir that contains fluid and a pump which helps penis to expand during intercourse.
Penis Implantation Procedure
A penis implant procedure usually takes up to 2 hours for its completion. The following steps elaborate the procedure for penis implantation surgery.
- General Anesthesia – Penile implantation is mostly performed under the influence of general anesthesia. Surgeons may take certain tests prior to surgery for checking whether the patient has any allergy with the type of anesthesia being used.
- Making Incisions – Respective cosmetic surgeons generally start the operation by making an incision in the bottom most area of a penis or in the lower abdomen. Then, they clean the surgical site with an appropriate antibiotic solution to prevent the occurrence of any infection during implantation of the prosthesis.
- Closing Incisions – Surgeons carefully place the implant at the proper position and complete the procedure by closing the incisions.
Risks & Complications Associated With Penile Implant
The following are the major risks and complications associated with a penile implant surgery.
- Uncontrolled bleeding at incision site
- Scar tissue formation
- Severe infection
- Mechanical failure
- Tissue breakdown requiring re-operation
Patients must choose a well-qualified cosmetic surgeon to minimize the risk of such problems after completion of penile implant surgery.
How Successful Is Penile Implant?
Penile implant surgery is a safe procedure and it renders positive outcomes in the majority of cases. It helps a patient to resume a normal sexual life within a short period of time. Generally, it takes only a couple of months for a complete recovery following the surgery. Patients who follow the instructions of respective plastic surgeons strictly are more likely to recover at a faster pace.
Best Benefits of Availing Penile Implant Surgery with IndianMedTrip
IndianMedTrip has become a highly popular cosmetic care facilitator in India due to the availability of top-notch cosmetic provisions and quality healthcare facilities. Healthcare consultants at offer a wide range of cosmetic procedures including a penile implant surgery at most affordable rates. Penile implant surgery cost in India is much lesser as compared to other western countries like Australia or the United Kingdom. IndianMedTrip makes sure that international patients get the best and cost-effective penile implant surgery in India under the guidance of top cosmetic surgeons. In addition to this, they also take care of patient’s appointments, accommodation, food, and traveling throughout their healthcare journey in India. Therefore, international patients can heavily rely on Peerless services of IndianMedTrip and ensure beneficial outcomes following penile implant surgery in India.
You can send your queries at email@example.com & https://indianmedtrip.com/contact-us/
Call or WhatsApp: +91-8600855554