Heart disease is found to occur when coronary arteries get blocked with calcium and fat deposits. This is known as Coronary Heart Disease. Supply of blood is thus compromised to the muscles of the heart giving rise to symptoms of angina. It can lead to heart failure or heart attack when left untreated. There are several treatments available for Coronary Heart Disease including the following.
- Proper Medications followed by Exercise and appropriate Diet
- Traditional Bypass Surgery
- Balloon Angioplasty & Stent Placement
- Beating Heart Bypass Surgery
Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG) is a surgical procedure in which a healthy blood vessel (vein or artery) from chest, arm or leg is taken to bypass narrowed arteries to restore the normal flow of blood to heart muscles. It is performed when medications are unable to relieve symptoms of patient and when there are a number of blockages in arteries and angioplasty is not a feasible option.
Aim of Open Heart Surgery
Basically, Open Heart Surgery is conducted to:
- Replace or Repair Heart Valves
- Replace a Diseased Heart
- Repair Abnormal Areas of Heart
- Integrate Medical Devices that help Heart to beat properly
Candidates for CABG through Open Heart Surgery
Cardiac Bypass Surgery or Open Heart Surgery is advised in the following conditions:
- When extent of coronary artery occlusion present a high risk of heart attack
- When Angioplasty has failed or artery has turned narrow.
- Left main coronary artery is seriously stenosed
- During a heart attack to attempt to recover diseased heart muscle
Procedure of Open Heart Surgery for CABG
CABG involves taking artery or vein from the patient’s body & inserting it such that it consigns alternate route for flow of blood from aorta to coronary artery bypassing the constricted segment. Diseased part of coronary artery is thus bypassed and flow of blood to heart is supplied without any hurdle. Traditionally, Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery is executed under general anesthesia. Normally, CABG through Open Heart Surgery lasts for 4-6 hours. The incision on sternum is made and cavity of chest is opened to acquire access to heart. Graft vein or artery is engrafted and prepared. Heart is ceased by means of chemicals & hypothermia and graft is attached to the appropriate site. Circulation is controlled by heart-lung machine when the operation is not performed on a beating heart. One end of graft proceeds into the aorta and another end into the coronary artery after the narrowed portion. At the end, chest is closed and properly dressed.
Expectations Following CABG
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery is beneficent in soothing angina
- CABG improves long-term endurance of patients suffering from weak muscle pump function of heart
- Improves the condition of stenosis of left main coronary or multiple blocked arteries.
Most patients remain free from any severe symptoms for 12-15 years after CABG. It is important to keep in mind that heart bypass does not heal the underlying issue of coronary artery disease, that caused the narrowing of blood vessels in patient. CABG reroutes flow of blood and saves heart from prompt damage. Long-term transformations in lifestyle are still important and extremely essential even after CABG. Avoiding smoking, daily exercising, dietary changes are key lifestyle factors one needs to work on to live along with a healthy heart.
Also Read: Heart Bypass Surgery Patient’s Guide
Recovery Following Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
Patient recovery in an intensive care unit within few days after CABG. Generally, drugs are prescribed by doctors to control discomfort & pain and also to prevent any blood clotting. CABG patients can resume a daily normal routine shortly, including having regular food, walking around a bit. Complete healing from Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery can take about 7 to 8 weeks.
Lowest Cost Open Heart Surgery for CABG in India
Cost of CABG through Open Heart Surgery in India heavily depends upon the following important factors:
- Age and medical history of the patient
- Surgeon’s fee
- Cost of living at the respective city where operation is conducted
- Type of room facility (general, deluxe etc)
Depending on these factors, the cost of CABG through open heart surgery in India is approximate $7500, which is extremely low compared to that in the western nations. India is an emerging healthcare hub which is preferred by most overseas patients to seek their health treatments at best hospitals with blue-ribbon facilities, modern infrastructure, best surgeons who are well qualified and have experienced working in alleged institutions abroad.
Key Benefits of CABG in India
CABG surgery in India is executed by cardiac surgeons of immense experience, in terms of both diversity of procedures and intricacy of heart conditions. The Key benefits of coronary bypass surgery in India are listed below:
- Cardiac care has become a strength in India with an excellent medical framework to reckon with
- The success rate of CABG in India is high and in between 90-95%.
- Indian hospitals have prime cardiac catheterization labs for diagnosis of heart diseases. They also have state-of-the-art operation theaters that empower safe and eminent CABG procedures
Affordable Medical Tourism in India
Medical tourism in India is a boon for patients who cannot afford traveling to Western countries for treatments. One of the very popular and important lifesaving surgery is Heart bypass surgery in India. IndianMedTrip is a ruling medical travel facilitator in India. IndianMedTrip comprises of a team of passionate & dedicated experts who are whole-heartedly assisting one’s medical trip to India. IndianMedTrip maintains a close-packed network with doctors and internationally accredited hospitals in India. Using IndianMedTrip’s close ties with medical care agencies & hospitals, international patients can get the best quote, outstanding support & genuine care. IndianMedTrip provides a pre-surgery consultation with the chosen cardiac surgeons in India and assures smooth arrangements for treatments, healing, stay & travel. Patients can, therefore, be rest assured that with IndianMedTrip’s expertise, they will get in a first-rate experience of Medical Tourism in India.
You can send your queries at:
Call or WhatsApp: +91-8600855554