Reports suggest that a staggering twenty percent of couples in United Arab Emirates (UAE) suffer from infertility related issues and almost in 50 percent of these cases it is males which are the causative factor. However, male infertility is now a worldwide issue and studies suggest that the main causes relating to male infertility are stress, smoking, diabetes and obesity. According to estimates put out by the World Health Organization (WHO) there are about 60 to 80 million couples in the world who are suffering from infertility problems. In light of these facts and figures, it is very important that we understand the issue of male infertility.
What Causes Infertility in Males?
Male infertility is defined by both, drop in the sperm count and deterioration in quality of sperm. Male infertility occurs on both occasions. For the male sperm to be fertile, it should be there in the required normal number and possess the required motility or movement of aspect. Although both these aspects are important, motility of sperm is prime and essentially required.
Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) Procedures
Although there is stigma attached to male infertility, the good news is that more and more men are nowadays coming forward to acknowledge the problem. There is a more tolerant and broad-minded approach towards male reproductive health nowadays. Moreover, ART procedures like In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) and other infertility treatments have proven to be very helpful for childless couples.
- In Vitro Fertilization – Commonly known as IVF in short, In Vitro Fertilization is a series of complex ART procedures which are used as treatment for infertility. Mature eggs are collected from ovaries during In Vitro Fertilization and fertilized by sperm in a laboratory. Subsequently, the embryo (fertilized egg) is planted within the woman’s uterus. In Vitro Fertilization can be performed using the patient’s own egg and the partner’s sperm or take recourse to known or anonymous donors for the purpose of conception.
- Intrauterine Insemination – Also known as IUI in short, Intrauterine Insemination is a type of artificial insemination performed as infertility treatment. Sperms are washed and concentrated in the Intrauterine Insemination ART procedure before placing it directly in the female uterus around the time ovary would release one or more eggs. Expected outcome of Intrauterine Insemination is that the sperm would swim into the fallopian tube so as to fertilize a waiting egg and eventually result in normal pregnancy.
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection – Also known as ICSI in short, Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection is a special type of In Vitro Fertilization which is normally used for treating severe cases of male-factor infertility. Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection involves injecting a single sperm into a mature egg for fertilization. During Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection procedure embryologists selectively use better quality of mature sperms.
World-Class Infertility Treatments in India
Infertility treatments in India are at par with the best that are available in the developed Western countries like the UK, Canada and the United States. Infertility specialists in India are globally recognized to be highly trained and well experienced doctors having delivered numerous successful outcomes in the past. Apart from this, infertility treatments in India are reasonably priced and in fact just a fraction of what it takes to undergo similar treatments in Western countries. Overseas patients can therefore save almost 70 percent of their hard earned money by undergoing good quality of affordable infertility treatments in India, without compromising on the quality of ART procedures.
There are mainly three types of blood cells that help in regulating good condition of our body namely – red blood cells (RBC), white blood cells (WBC), and platelets. Leukemia is a dreadful disease which is caused due to growth of abnormal and cancerous white blood cells in an individual’s body. Prevalence of leukemia has become common among people belonging to United Arab Emirates (UAE). Medical practitioners are still conducting studies to identify the main cause. However, it has been observed that sedentary lifestyle, habit of smoking, and improper food consumption has resulted in such conditions in United Arab Emirates.
Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) is an Effective Treatment of Leukemia
Bone marrow is basically a supple tissue which is present inside the bones. Bone marrow contains specialized kind of cells called as ‘stem cells’. These stem cells have a tendency to grow into any of the three major types of cells which regulate proper functioning of body. Bone marrow transplant is a highly advanced type of blood cancer treatment. During this medical procedure, respective doctors remove the harmful cancerous cells from bone marrow of patients suffering from leukemia and replace them with healthy and fresh stem cells. These new stem cells considerably help in growth of RBC, WBC, and platelets and thus help leukemia patients to recover at a faster rate. This is why bone marrow transplant is also referred to as stem cell therapy. This procedure mainly involves the following steps for its completion.
- Before Stem Cell Therapy – Before BMT or stem cell therapy, doctors are likely to perform radiation therapy or chemotherapy procedures. If radiation therapy is performed, patients will be exposed to high-intensity radiation. Whereas, if chemotherapy is performed they will be given anti-cancer drugs either orally or through an injection. These procedures can significantly help in destroying the unwanted and cancerous cells from patient’s bone marrow to a large extent.
- During Stem Cell Therapy – During bone marrow transplant, doctors will implant healthy stem cells into patient’s blood through an intravenous transfusion. These healthy stem cells can be either taken from patient’s body or from a donor. These stem cells will generate new healthy cells in patient’s body over a few months. This blood cancer treatment takes just a couple of hours to complete.
- After Stem Cell Therapy – There may arise a risk of severe infection following stem cell therapy. Therefore, once this blood cancer treatment is completed, patients will need to take care of themselves. Doctors will give them clear instructions to aid faster healing. They will also recommend frequent medical checkups in order to monitor the patient.
Avail High-Quality Bone Marrow Transplant in India
India has become a popular destination for availing blood cancer treatment due to its top-notch services. This country has a large number of accredited multi-specialty hospitals which are renowned for providing blood cancer treatments including stem cell therapy. Indian oncologists are worldwide acknowledged for their skills and excellence. To be honest, they are adept in performing and delivering best results following bone marrow transplant in India. In addition to this, cost of bone marrow transplant in India is also less as compared to nations like UAE. Therefore, patients from UAE looking for high-quality as well as cost-effective solutions can choose to undergo bone marrow transplant in India.
High death ratio due to congenital heart defects in Saudi Arabia has raised many questions on its healthcare system. It is a fact that a massive range of children from Saudi Arabia die every year due to such diseases. There is no doubt that this country has good healthcare centers that are well-resourced with latest technology and medical devices. To be honest, very few patients in Saudi Arabia can avail such high-quality medical facilities because of expensiveness of treatments.
What is Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Surgery? When is it recommended?
Magnitude of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in populations of Saudi Arabia can be attributed to high rate of smoking in the country. Moreover, almost 33 percent of smokers in the country smoke both, cigarettes and water-pipe. There is a common misconception among people that smoking water-pipes is harmless; while the fact is that smoking water-pipes are more damaging as plasma nicotine resulting from water-pipes is much more than it does from cigarettes. For this reason, awareness among the population about harmful effects of tobacco in all forms needs to be emphasized. Although treatment of COPD and lung cancer treatments are available in the country, it is the rising cost of healthcare which is of concern.
What is COPD?
So, you have decided to seek medical help for brain tumor and it’s time to begin the research about various treatments for brain tumor. Or maybe you already have consulted a neurosurgeon but aren’t satisfied and you are looking for high-quality treatments. Well, whatever the case may be, for finest quality brain tumor treatments you can always rely on medical provisions offered by India. To be honest, India has become one of the leading healthcare tourism hubs across the world due to availability of latest diagnostic tools, accredited multi-specialty hospitals and well-qualified neurosurgeons. Medical professionals practicing in this country are immensely talented and they strictly follow international protocols in order to ensure patient’s safety.
Best Brain Tumor Surgeons in India
Pituitary gland regulates production of various hormones that contribute to our overall growth. It controls our blood pressure, reproductive system and sexual maturation as well. This is why it is also called as ‘master gland’. Any kind of abnormality such as tumors in pituitary gland can significantly impact the quality of our life. Persistent headaches, loss of eyesight, sexual health issues, anxiety, excessive sweating and severe joint pain are the most prominent symptoms of pituitary tumors. An endonasal endoscopic surgery can be a good alternative if you are experiencing such problems.
Endonasal Endoscopic Surgery for Pituitary Tumors
Cancer has become a common disease nowadays. We all keep hearing every so often that someone died of cancer. Breast cancer is one of the leading types of cancers. It is a life-threatening health issue which can affect women as well as men. However, the ratio of its occurrence in men is very less as compared to that of women. This disease mostly occurs due to development of abnormal and harmful cells in patient’s breasts area. If you or your closed one are experiencing symptoms such as painful lump around breasts, sudden weight loss, changes in dimensions of their breast profile and redness around nipples then it is very important for you to visit a well-qualified doctor because these could be potential signs of breast cancer.