There are mainly three types of blood cells that help in regulating good condition of our body namely – red blood cells (RBC), white blood cells (WBC), and platelets. Leukemia is a dreadful disease which is caused due to growth of abnormal and cancerous white blood cells in an individual’s body. Prevalence of leukemia has become common among people belonging to United Arab Emirates (UAE). Medical practitioners are still conducting studies to identify the main cause. However, it has been observed that sedentary lifestyle, habit of smoking, and improper food consumption has resulted in such conditions in United Arab Emirates.
Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) is an Effective Treatment of Leukemia
Bone marrow is basically a supple tissue which is present inside the bones. Bone marrow contains specialized kind of cells called as ‘stem cells’. These stem cells have a tendency to grow into any of the three major types of cells which regulate proper functioning of body. Bone marrow transplant is a highly advanced type of blood cancer treatment. During this medical procedure, respective doctors remove the harmful cancerous cells from bone marrow of patients suffering from leukemia and replace them with healthy and fresh stem cells. These new stem cells considerably help in growth of RBC, WBC, and platelets and thus help leukemia patients to recover at a faster rate. This is why bone marrow transplant is also referred to as stem cell therapy. This procedure mainly involves the following steps for its completion.
- Before Stem Cell Therapy – Before BMT or stem cell therapy, doctors are likely to perform radiation therapy or chemotherapy procedures. If radiation therapy is performed, patients will be exposed to high-intensity radiation. Whereas, if chemotherapy is performed they will be given anti-cancer drugs either orally or through an injection. These procedures can significantly help in destroying the unwanted and cancerous cells from patient’s bone marrow to a large extent.
- During Stem Cell Therapy – During bone marrow transplant, doctors will implant healthy stem cells into patient’s blood through an intravenous transfusion. These healthy stem cells can be either taken from patient’s body or from a donor. These stem cells will generate new healthy cells in patient’s body over a few months. This blood cancer treatment takes just a couple of hours to complete.
- After Stem Cell Therapy – There may arise a risk of severe infection following stem cell therapy. Therefore, once this blood cancer treatment is completed, patients will need to take care of themselves. Doctors will give them clear instructions to aid faster healing. They will also recommend frequent medical checkups in order to monitor the patient.
Avail High-Quality Bone Marrow Transplant in India
India has become a popular destination for availing blood cancer treatment due to its top-notch services. This country has a large number of accredited multi-specialty hospitals which are renowned for providing blood cancer treatments including stem cell therapy. Indian oncologists are worldwide acknowledged for their skills and excellence. To be honest, they are adept in performing and delivering best results following bone marrow transplant in India. In addition to this, cost of bone marrow transplant in India is also less as compared to nations like UAE. Therefore, patients from UAE looking for high-quality as well as cost-effective solutions can choose to undergo bone marrow transplant in India.
Heart diseases in Saudi Arabia have become one of the top-most reasons for death. If we consider deaths related to only thoracic aneurysms, the ratio has increased by almost 16 percent from past few decades. According to a recent study conducted by Global Burden of Disease (GBD), high blood pressure, tobacco consumption, habit of smoking, and overexposure to substances like lead are the leading risk factors for development of thoracic aneurysms in Saudi Arabia. Hospitals in Saudi Arabia charge a large sum for treatment of thoracic aneurysms which is not feasible for common man. Such Saudi patients may opt for medical tourism in other nations such as India for availing aortic aneurysm repair surgery at reasonable costs.
Small thoracic aneurysms can be effectively managed by medications. However, large-sized aneurysms need a surgical solution in order to prevent them from rupturing. The following list gives out the two major types of aortic aneurysm repair surgery.
- Open Heart Surgery – Open heart surgery is considered to be a golden standard for repairing thoracic aneurysms. During this procedure, patients are given general anesthesia which makes them sleepy and minimizes discomfort and uneasiness throughout the operation. Respective cardiac surgeons make a long incision in order to reach the affected aorta. After that, they carefully remove damaged area and place a synthetic or artificial graft in its place. They fix the graft properly to avoid any leakage and close the incision. This step marks the completion of open heart surgery.
- Endovascular Surgery (EVAR) – EVAR is a minimally invasive surgical procedure which can be performed to treat thoracic aneurysms. Respective doctors perform EVAR procedure by making small incisions in groin region of patients. Respective cardiac surgeons insert sophisticated thin and long medical devices into groin in order to access bulging aorta. In most cases, a tool called as ‘catheter’ is used to serve the purpose. Catheter contains a camera on its edge that can help doctors view internal details. In this way, doctors thread a mesh support with the help of catheter for repairing the underlying aneurysm.
Doctors are likely to recommend suitable surgery according to requirement and general health of patients for getting best outcomes.
Apart from being an incredibly beautiful country, India has become the most-loved cardiac care destination across Saudi Arabia. This country has a massive range of super-specialty hospitals that strictly follow international protocols for maintaining safety and good health condition of patients. Most of the cardiac surgeons practicing in India are extremely talented and well-qualified. They are renowned for providing best results following minimally invasive cardiac surgery in India. In addition to that, cost of minimally invasive cardiac surgery in India is very affordable as compared to Saudi Arabia. Saudi patients can easily save up to seventy percent of their hard-earned money without compromising on quality of treatments by opting for medical tourism from Saudi Arabia to India.
According to latest reports of World Health Organization (WHO), prevalence of deaths occurring due to lung cancer in Saudi Arabia has increased constantly over these years. In fact, healthcare experts admit that lung cancer is responsible for nearly 4 percent of every newly diagnosed cancer among Saudi patients. An inactive routine and wrong life choices have become the major cause of development of lung cancer. Timely treatment can considerably help such patients in achieving a better and improved health.
Major Treatment Options for Lung Cancer
Lung cancer is basically categorized into four main stages. Stage 1 indicates the developmental stage of cancer. Whereas, stage 4 is the end-most stage. The following list gives out major treatment options for lung cancer according to their stages.
- Lung Cancer Surgery – Surgery for lung cancer is the primary treatment option which is suggested to patients suffering from stage 1 and sometimes stage 2 also. Doctors may remove a specific area of patient’s lung that has become cancerous in nature or they may surgically remove a larger portion or entire lung in extremely severe cases. All these procedures are mainly performed under general anesthetic medications. Patients are asleep throughout their lung cancer surgery for minimizing the uneasiness.
- Lung Cancer Radiation Therapy – Lung cancer radiation therapy is mainly given to patients in second or third stage of lung cancer. However, doctors may recommend lung cancer radiation therapy for stage 1 also in combination with surgery. Radiation therapy for lung cancer involves use of highly sharp and powerful radiation for killing the cancer-causing cells and tissues in lungs and surrounding areas. Patients are exposed to medical devices that emit these radiations. This procedure can be repeated three to four times in order to provide relief to lung cancer patients.
- Lung Cancer Chemotherapy – Lung cancer chemotherapy is mainly recommended to patients in stage 3 and stage 4 of lung cancer. Lung cancer chemotherapy can be given to patients prior to their surgical procedure or afterwards in combination with radiation therapy. Chemotherapy for lung cancer involves use of highly effective drugs and medications that can kill cancerous cells in patient’s lung and nearby areas. Doctors may inject these medicines either through veins of patients or they may give it orally depending on patient’s condition.
Avail High-Class Lung Cancer Treatment in India
Thousands of global patients from different corners of world, especially Saudi Arabia visit India every year for obtaining medical provisions. One of the major reasons behind the increasing popularity of medical tourism from Saudi Arabia to India is the cost-effectiveness as well as quality of treatments that Indian hospitals provide. Highly qualified and talented cancer specialists in India provide high-quality healthcare solutions for diseases such as lung cancer. As a matter of fact, success record of lung cancer treatment in India is quite high as compared to Saudi Arabia. In addition to this, cost of lung cancer treatment in India is also highly economical. Saudis can retain up to fifty to seventy percent of the expenses which they might have to pay in hospitals of Saudi Arabia.
You can send your queries at:
Tollfree: +973 80006535 (Bahrain)
Tollfree: +18008647351 (USA)
High death ratio due to congenital heart defects in Saudi Arabia has raised many questions on its healthcare system. It is a fact that a massive range of children from Saudi Arabia die every year due to such diseases. There is no doubt that this country has good healthcare centers that are well-resourced with latest technology and medical devices. To be honest, very few patients in Saudi Arabia can avail such high-quality medical facilities because of expensiveness of treatments.
What is Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Surgery? When is it recommended?
Magnitude of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in populations of Saudi Arabia can be attributed to high rate of smoking in the country. Moreover, almost 33 percent of smokers in the country smoke both, cigarettes and water-pipe. There is a common misconception among people that smoking water-pipes is harmless; while the fact is that smoking water-pipes are more damaging as plasma nicotine resulting from water-pipes is much more than it does from cigarettes. For this reason, awareness among the population about harmful effects of tobacco in all forms needs to be emphasized. Although treatment of COPD and lung cancer treatments are available in the country, it is the rising cost of healthcare which is of concern.
What is COPD?
Endoscopic transsphenoidal surgery is one of the most common types of surgical intervention which is designed for removal of pituitary tumors. This is moreover the most sensible approach since pituitary gland is located at the bottom of brain and just above and inside of nose. Endoscopic transsphenoidal surgery for pituitary tumors is performed with help of a camera known as an endoscope. This type of surgery is usually performed for removal of certain types of pituitary tumors which are found to grow in the pituitary gland.
Reasons for Undergoing Endoscopic Transsphenoidal Surgery
So, you have decided to seek medical help for brain tumor and it’s time to begin the research about various treatments for brain tumor. Or maybe you already have consulted a neurosurgeon but aren’t satisfied and you are looking for high-quality treatments. Well, whatever the case may be, for finest quality brain tumor treatments you can always rely on medical provisions offered by India. To be honest, India has become one of the leading healthcare tourism hubs across the world due to availability of latest diagnostic tools, accredited multi-specialty hospitals and well-qualified neurosurgeons. Medical professionals practicing in this country are immensely talented and they strictly follow international protocols in order to ensure patient’s safety.
Best Brain Tumor Surgeons in India